Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Six little babies!

Yay!
My short tailed opossum has babies!
Now, what's very cool about this is that she is a marsupial, so the young are born in an extremely dependant state-like a kangaroo.
The big difference with the STO, however, is that they are a POUCHLESS marsupial! Meaning that I can easily see and watch the developtment of these little cuties!
They are born about the size of a grain of rice, and will be about the size of a very small rat when fully grown. Currently they are about as big as the nail on my pinky finger. I finally got a photo...Mom doesn't really appreciate me exposing the babies, so I have to be careful, and very quick!
Anyway, here's the one very cute little photo of the little ones that I managed to get!



Life is so amazing...God really did give us such a wondrous variety of types of life. All around us are so many different methods of living, different forms and appearance of life. Such a beautiful world surrounds us. Every time I open my eyes and look around, I find new examples of how much God loves us. In every feather, every scale, every cephalothorax, leaf, blade of grass, and cloud, I see reaffirmation of the love that the creator has for us. Why else would He have made all of this for us. Why else would He have created so much around us with such beauty? The only real answer is taht He wanted us to be interested, to have something to explore, to live in, to create with.....Thank you, God, for all that is around us!

Oh, and, I just gotta post this photo of be-bop girlie girl!
On Kens birthday, we stuck one of the bows on little girls head, and the result was this most adorable photo!

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2007 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Monica-FC said...

the bow on her head is just too cute. and the little babies is too cute also.... wonderful to nature.

 
At September 27, 2007 at 7:07 AM , Blogger emily said...

Love the pics of your new babies! Saw your post on fiskateers site and had to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home