Thursday, June 12, 2008

The one about even more of the pages....

They aren't going to stop anytime soon! I finally photographed lots and lots of 'em!!
=0 )

Here's a reflection on watching my little girl grow up...I finally got around to scrapping these 3 mths old photos of her when she was around 9 ms. old....what a difference!! And, to distress the edges of the photos.....

A very simple little trick....just use your paper piercer, or even a tack! to scratch lines into the finish on the photo....if you want an even more distressed look, take distress ink by ranger, rub a soft cloth onto the pad, and then make little circles over your lines. Rub excess off photo itself, and you have nice aged looing lines. (I didn't age these lines like that...)

The hospital Kennedy was born at....just a nice, simple page. Chipboard is painted with acrylic paint (one of my favorite supplies). Background is a circle cut into the middle of dbl. sided paper, then flipped around, and taped back into place. Journaling stamp is Autumn leaves. All paper is bobunny. Quick, simple, not my best layout, but good enough.....

Maybe someday this page'll get a titlem but in the meantime, I just adore the poem. The chipboard flower is from my LSS (Kim's Scrap and Crop) and is, as usual, painted with acrylic paint. I mixed two colours to get closer to the cardstock colour. The poem says:
You are the trip I did not take
You are the pearls I cannot buy
You are my blue Italian lake
You are my piece of foreign sky.
Stamps of Love, Elsie.

Labels are the cheapest label maker I could find...that beautiful die cut is, of course, KI Memories lace cardstock...other companies now make it, but theirs is (IMHO) still the best. Pic is of Kennedy on her Daddy's b-day, wearing a bow from one of his presents. She actually found great humor in the wearing of it. Labels chronicle ten things I love about her right now....
=0 )
She's SUCH a doll!!!
=0 )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home