Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I've been a bad blogger!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted! Sorry to the friends and family that are watching this space for Kennedy updates!
And, bad news, no photo just yet! I'm working from my new laptop, on which i have not yet uploaded any photo's!
I will get a couple of current pics up of her tonight!
In the meantime, here is a little insight into our life at the moment....

She crawls now!
Okay, she doesn't really crawl, but she might as well! She plants her arms out in front of her, and drags, using her little toes to puch as well. She may not be greased lightning, but she can sure get her little booty around the house when she needs to!
Of course, it figures that she would learn to do this MINUTES after the tree was up and full decorated. So, now cooking goes something like "turn the burner on, move Kennedy away from the tree. Put water in the pot, and the pot on the stove, move Kennedy away from the tree. Salt the water, and get the noodles in, move Kennedy away from the tree. Stir the noodles, rescue Kennedy because she just pulled the (lightweight--I promise) plastic doggy gate down on top of herself, and got scared, stir the noodles, get the tree out of Kennedy's grasp, move her, put the flames out on the stove, get Kennedy away from the tree again...."
Okay, not really, but sometimes it sure feels like it!
And, she's stopped sleeping!
Well, not at night....she's still doing fairly well on that end of things...but she just doesn't like to take naps anymore. I think she's positive that the moment she falls asleep, we pull out all of the really interesting toys and have a party. But, in any event....no naps makes for a very cranky girl in the evenings!
One more point of interest in our lives...Ken just loves nicknames. Has a million of them for every living thing (that doesn't creep him out) in our household. Kennedy is no exception.
To him, she's rarely Kennedy.
DD is the most common.
Some of the others:
beep, sleep-beep, bleep, da beepy, bleepers, rapunzel, blee, and many, many others....how variations on "bleep" became the most common, I have no idea...but oddly enough, they are! And, perhaps more oddly, this is now what I call her as well....when I pick her up at daycare, I find myself saying things like "It's da bleep!" which causes odd and slightly confused looks from her caretakers there, as I'm sure you can imagine.
=0 )

Anyway, like I said, just a small window into our current lives!
More to come shortly!
=0 )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home