Sunday, February 10, 2008

The one about cleaning up

I have spent several days lately cleaning and organizing my scrap space...I spent some of my husbands annual bonus (not too much, but a little bit!) on storage for my scrap area...now just to figure out how to keep my daughter out of it! She thinks (of course) that it's great fun to open the drawers and pull things out. At least she hasn't figured out how to open the paint bottles yet!!
Anyway, cleaning, as always, has led to a creative 'splurt' (no, not a real word, but, a favorite, despite that fact!)
=0 ) Here a few of my somewhat recent pages....(my most recent haven't even been photographed,yet!)

Look at those three beautiful girls! Can you tell how proud Auntie and Grandma are? (and who wouldn't be with a girlie like that!) Now, this is one of those cases of "if you don't like the chipboard, change it!" Originally, it was a very cute orange and blue, but, it wouldn't match the layout at all. So, two layers of acrylic paint, and away we go!!! If the finish is too glossy to paint on, then take your files or sandpaper to it, and then paint away!



I am happy to announce that she now enjoys swinging much more! The way the journalling strips are designed is to indicate the movement of the swing.....

Look at that big girly grin! This is a very ultra simple page...PP in the background, a stip of the cloud 9 chocolate chalet paper, a journalling block, title, and three pictures, pretty much! The dragonfly is nice, b/c it's made from the PP....very simple way to ground a couple of different elements together. The BG paper is a little busier than I normally use, but in this case, with the heavy cluster of photo's right in the center, it helps offset the busyness of the paper.
Just a nice simple page, made to play with my new cricut....look at the purple lacing on the bright pink CS....amazing how delicate it can cut!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home