Friday, August 3, 2007

People can be so ugly sometimes

I work in customer service, and I have for years.
It NEVER ceases to amaze me exactly how ugle people can be to each other. Or how manipulative, how sleezy, or hw uncaring about the damage they can do to another person, or a business.
I have had a cat food cans thrown at my head, bags of fish thrown down onto the bagging cart, big bags of cat food spiked at the ground and burst open, water poured over my head, arguments made due to the fact that I wouldn't reurn all the money for, as an example, someone trying to return a dog harness of which all they had left was the metal O ring (their dog had eaten the rest), people yell at my associates meanly enough to make them cry, and that's barely the tip of the iceberg.

I've had the first official complaint about my customer service skills in my new job, and it was unfair, and uncalled for. She complained that I was very slow--which I was--it was the first time I'd ever scheduled anyone, but to be fair to me, I very politely explained that I was still very new to it, and that I could do it, but I would be a little slow. Otherwise, she was welcome to wait for the person who does the scheduling, or we could call her back....
That was just one of the many unfair things that she complained about, and all of them were similarly unfair.
I didn't get in trouble for it...but I certainly could have!
Oh well!!

Just complaining!

=0 )

Bethany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home